Serving alcohol at your event

When you need an alcohol licence
If a member wants to sell alcohol at an event at Gribblehirst Community Hub or open an event to the public, the member needs to apply for an alcohol special licence for events.


When you don't need an alcohol licence
If a member is holding a private gathering at the Hub and it is not open to the public, alcohol can be supplied at the event without a licence.

If you need to apply for a special event licence to serve alcohol at your event at the Hub, a booking request must be made at least a month in advance of the event. The request must include details of any requirement under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. []

The Hub reserves the right to not accept any booking requests that are made within one month of the event date for an event where alcohol is to be served.


  • It is the member’s responsibility to check current guidelines and information about liquor licensing, and to comply with all alcohol requirements, restrictions, or guidelines


 Find out if you need a Special Event Licence


  • All members making bookings at the Hub for events that require a special event licence must apply to Auckland Council for the licence at least 20 working days prior to the event date. 

It's important to note that a 'working day' doesn't include weekends, statutory holidays, or any day between 20 December and 15 January (inclusive).


  • The member must supply the Gribblehirst Community Hub trustees with a copy of any special event licence issued for activities taking place at the Hub, at least one week prior to the event taking place. Also required is a copy of the nominated Duty Managers General Manager’s Certificate along with the full name and contact details of all nominated ‘Responsible Persons’. 

  • A liquor ban is in place within Gribblehirst Park from 7 pm to 7 am daily.  It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that no alcohol is served or consumed outside the venue or designated area within this time.


Alcohol Bans Maps_Albert-Eden  


  • All events at the Hub where alcohol is served must adhere to the following host responsibilities: 


 The member making the booking is nominated to manage the conduct of the consumption of alcohol and must identify at least one other responsible adult for every 50 attendees.


The member shall have available for consumption on the premises, at all times when alcohol is being consumed, a reasonable range of non-alcoholic refreshments and low alcohol beverages, and food appropriate to the occasion. 


Information regarding alternative forms of transport must be available for attendees

Drinking water is to be freely available.